Thursday, August 5, 2010

The New Blog!!

Welcome to the new blog!  I've switched over to Blogger from Vox.  In the past I haven't done much with blogging.  It's a fun activity, but most of my life really isn't that interesting.  On a day to day basis I pretty much pound rocks, hang out with my husband, and play with my dogs.  I read a lot, and occasionally cook too.  But that's about it- until Summer comes around.

During the Summer our site slows down a bit, and we all take advantage of the great weather and the extra free-time.  DH and I took a trip to visit his family in Europe.  We spent a week in the south of France visiting his mother, and then a week in Finland visiting his brother and his family in the Helsinki area.  It was incredible.  This time was all about enjoying the moments, soaking in the atmosphere, and spending time with the side of the family that we rarely get to see.  So, I didn't take too many pictures, but I made a lot of memories that will bring a smile to my face.

The day after I got back from vacation Jamie told me that she had found a cool new job closer to her new house.  It was a very bittersweet day.  I'm happy for my friend Jamie- her new house is quite a drive from the SN office, and her new job is something that she'd always been interested in.  On the other hand, we miss her.  Jamie was the first person to come to work at SN.  She's been there through absolutely EVERYTHING- including the launch of the site, and the creation of every single color.  More importantly she's half of the team that actually packages and ships everything.  So, finding a replacement has been a bit of a process.  She left some very big shoes to fill.


After 2 weeks of sorting through resumes, and interviewing people we've finally found her replacement.  Valerie starts tomorrow!  For the moment Thea (Susan's daughter) has been pitching in with the packing and shipping so staff-wise we're really doing just fine.  We're processing and shipping orders as usual.  
Finding Jamie's replacement has been top priority, and now that we have Val, I'm back to doing the other fun parts of running SN. 

I'm sure you're all wondering when we're going to release some new items. We had the Summer Fun contest where people submitted some incredible ideas for new products- and then you voted for your favorites.  All of the entries were wonderful, and we had 2 winners!   I'm hoping to start making some of the items from the winning collections next week.  I think these are going to take me a bit longer than usual because I want to be sure that I do justice to your ideas. 

In the mean time we'll be running a contest!  Stay tuned for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment