Friday, August 20, 2010

Big Guns....

Each time we do the Mystery Adventure club I write a letter telling them what was on my mind when I made the GWP color that week.  I make them every Friday afternoon, and they're usually a snapshot of what I'm thinking at that moment. 

With the MAC done for this round, I've decided to start blogging about the colors.  You may or may not find it interesting, but I got a lot of good feedback from the letters, so I'm going to continue them here.

For those of you who are new to SN- GWP colors are almost always limited edition.  They're available for one-week only, and then they disappear.  They're always a secret (not a closely guarded one though) because gifts should be a surprise!  It's also our way of experimenting with color- for me, and for you.

Last weeks' GWP was Big Guns.  My friend Preston FINALLY got married.  We grew up together, and pretty much his whole family were police officers- as was my Father.  In honor of his big day I mixed up the colors of our childhood- namely police uniforms.  My Dad always looked great in his, and that's the way I remember my father- a tall, strong, strapping police officer.  This is our salute to those who have served.

Back then the uniforms were a blueish grey, with a black tie, black shoes, the golden badge.  I added a little bit of a brown that reminds me of cola because he's a big Pepsi drinker.  Those were the colors that went into the blender, and what came out was sort of a gunmetal grey.  Susan jokingly suggested the name, and it stuck.

I hope you enjoyed Big Guns- it's a fun color- great for Friday nights. 

Next week's color is Cleo...

1 comment:

  1. I love the stories behind the gwps.... Everytime I have done the mystery club it was always great to read and just sort of understand how the color creation went... Thanks for sharing your thought process and inspirations

    ReplyDelete